10 oktober 2018 09:30 - 17:00
A new generation of chemical fertilizers manufactured from waste streams rapidly makes its way into Dutch agriculture, thus enabling our farmers to add high sustainability to their enviably high productivity in a fast and most effective way. Come and learn about economics, precision agro technological, biological, ecological and legal aspects.
Morning program (in English)
- 10.00 – 10.20 Welcome by Dr. Martin Scholten, General Director Animal Science Group
- From linear towards circular food production, a new challenge for WUR as well
- 10.20 – 10.40 Opening address by Dr. Tjeerd de Groot, Member of Parliament for Democrates 66
- The urgency of transition to circular farming in the Netherlands
- 10.40 – 11.00 The Dutch Farming concept Ir. Ruud Tijssens, Director Public & Cooperative Affairs Agrifirm Group
- Work in progress on circular farming
- 11.00 – 11.20 Towards circular farming in the Netherlands in 10 steps Network Smart Fertilization
- 11.20 – 12.00 PANEL DISCUSSION and CONCLUSIONS
- 12.00 – 14.00 LUNCH BUFFET with Low Footprint Food € 10,00 p.p.
- Poster presentations with success stories on nutrient recycling, such as the Achterhoek Region Fertilizer Free Project, Physiostart P-plus and EcoService Europe
- 14.00 – 14.30 Opening address: Circularity in tropical agriculture
- Prof.Dr. Ken Giller, Plant Production Systems (WUR)
- 14.30 – 15.00 Projects on circularity discussed, cases, Kenia & Tanzania
- 15.30 PANELDISCUSSION
- Dr. Tom Schut, Plant Production Systems (WUR)
- 15.00 – 15.30 Resource use efficiency in Circular Agriculture, C.T. de Wit revisited
- Dr. Rudy Rabbinge
- 16:00 DRINKS
You can get a ticket on our website.
* Please note that there is only room for 100 participants, so register quickly!
* The lunch is not included. Lunch can be purchased at the restaurants on the Wageningen Campus.
Organized by Network Smart Fertilization in cooperation with the three Study Associations: Actief Slip, Mercurius en Heeren XII, WUR, and Nutrient Platform.Lees meer